Sunday, December 25, 2011

Behind the Scenes Part 1


Hi there! This is Grace, also known as the author of this legacy. For those of you reading (I know you're there thanks to the miracle of page counts, and those of you wonderful enough to comment) I want to thank you for sticking with me through the first generation. It's been a bumpy ride on my end. I lost the Darcy file due to glitches (caused by a glitched house) three times. In the end, I rebuilt the house you see in the background of most shots myself from scratch. After that things have been much smoother game wise, though that wasn't always true in the lives of our dear Darcys.


This is a Behind the Scenes, kind of like the bonus features on a DVD. I love those, and I have a ton of screen shots of stuff that happened between when I started and the end of this last chapter that just couldn't, for one reason or another, make it into the chapters. Because I have so much, this is going to be split into two parts. Be on the look out for part two on New Year's Eve.

Today's features are the Deleted Scenes and the Blooper Reel. Deleted Scenes is stuff like birthdays, the death of Alfred Davenpore (which happened about four times and twice when he almost died early) vacations you never saw, Fred's graduation and more. Blooper Reel is pretty straight forward. Glitches, funny faces, odd stuff I saw when I paused the game and what happens when the Grim Reaper is on the lot and sims have free will, etc.

It's logical to assume the next generation (featuring Henry and beginning in the new year) will have it's fair share of hijinks, so when we're all done with him I'll do this again.

On to the main event!

Deleted Scenes


Ah, Alfred Davenpore Sr. Without him, Caroline would have stayed bitter and alone. He softened her by loving her even when she didn't love him and gave her something she wanted, a son and money when he died. She's still stuck up and mean, but now she isn't out to ruin happiness, at least we hope so for the sake of Henry.

However, when it came time for this old guy to kick the bucket, he had a terrible sense of timing.


Long before it was time, he tried to die on me twice. Sine everyone has to have a hobby, I let Alfred be an inventor in his spare time. He caught on fire, and for a moment there I paused the game and decided if I wanted to have him die now so I could get it over with and not keep waiting (his life bar was full for a while before he finally died) or if I should let him go naturally.

In the end, I let him live, that time and when he caught on fire again.



 I was in the middle of writing the chapter where he died the first time, waiting for it to be morning so I could take some of the pictures I needed, when the camera zoomed over to him and he died, before I could shot his death scene. -_-
Of course, the obvious answer was to restart, so I tried again. His death time wasn't consistent, and again he died too soon. In the end, I got what I needed and Alfred holds the record of the most times dying or coming close.


The next deleted scene requires less explanation; for fun in my original save, Charles and Charlotte went on two vacations, so they spent time in all three WA worlds (they meet in France if you recall) but I couldn't end up working it into the story, so you'll get to see them here first.

Their trip to China was their honeymoon, and they visited the sights, including my personal favorite, the meditation garden.
Though, for the most part, I think they were focused on each other.

The next trip was to Egypt, Charles is the blue dot in the middle of the square.

The lovebirds also visited the base camp,

and the Sphinx.


This next deleted scene is proof of why life is more interesting with ghosts on the lot.

Charles got face time with his two least favorite ghosts, but he gets along better with them in death than in life.

Old friends, even when one half the pair is dead.

 Alfred has No Sense of Humor. So when early one morning with his daughter out and about, I decided to see if the Bore to Death social would work on someone already dead.

It did. Though it's hard to see, she got so bored she passed out.
All this was possible because I had the graves on the lot in the backyard. But when pets came out, I needed a place for the horses, and the graveyard space was perfect. I made a cemetery, moved the graves and no more hauntings. It was fun while it lasted.

As the only one of the children born in this generation living in the family house to reach young adulthood, Fred is the only one to graduate before the end of the generation. Henry will graduate during the gap, his birthday and graduation will be included in the next behind the scenes.



He graduated on the day I held the Christmas party, it was a busy day. But it meant most of the family was already in formal ware!

To make a full day even busier, Ellen had a ballet recital. I wish I could have gotten pictures, but it was in a rabbit hole. No fun.

In fact, Ellen loves to take advantage of the costume trunk and the stalker ice cream truck.

At least Freezer Bunny tastes good.

One picture of Fred and Lydia, his girlfriend was all I was able to fit in the chapter, but this is the perfect place to show them off a bit and end our deleted scenes. Enjoy, and come back for part 2, the Blooper Reel.

2 comments:

  1. I love the behind the scenes. They were interesting and funny too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I'm a girl and I keep coming back to your blog JUST to stare at pictures of Natalie?

    ReplyDelete